Welcome to Skin Care Saturday #3
Today we are looking at the second (alphabetically) of the twenty-nine ingredients contained within our Gorgeous Woman, Gorgeous Girl, and ManOil8 products. Previously we looked at Apricot Kernal Oil (Australian) and its benefits.
First though, Anne (co-founder and developer of WomanOil8 Australia products) has made a point that I feel is important to reiterate here:
Please note, I would never recommend that you use any plant oil individually for skincare. Oils are incredibly rich, nourishing, and restoring and can cause irritation, redness or even burning if not blended correctly with other oils. In a perfectly balanced blend, using a dozen or more plant oils, even the most sensitive skin will benefit.
Today we are taking a look at …
Argan Oil (Moroccan)
Argania Spinosa Kernal Oil
Argan oil is a plant oil produced from the kernels (nuts) of the Argan Tree (Argania spinosa L.), a native desert tree that grows in the southwest region of Morocco. In Morocco, argan oil is used to dip bread in at breakfast or to drizzle on couscous or pasta. It is of course also used for cosmetic purposes. The oil is cold pressed as opposed to heat processed or highly refined, making it more likely to contain allergenic protein. It is often described by professional beauticians as “Liquid Gold” because of its restorative healing and natural hydrating ability. It’s also one of the rarest oils in the world due to its small local supply and the limited growing area.
Anne has listed the following benefits in her post as follows:
High in oleic and linoleic fatty acids: rich moisturising and healing properties.
High concentrations Vitamin E can relieve symptoms of eczema and psoriasis. Can also reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
Intensely nourishing, hydrating and anti-ageing: high in phytosterols.
The four Sterols in Argan Oil are relatively rare in their combination compared with all other vegetable oils. In fact there are no other vegetable oils with a comparable composition!
Rich in squalene and Vitamins A,C and E. Helps heal acne and soothes itchy inflamed skin, improves skin’s appearance leaving it soft, smooth and supple.
Argan Oil (Moroccan) is an ingredient in the following products:
- Gorgeous Woman Face Oil
- Gorgeous Woman Potent Infusion
- Gorgeous Woman Hair Repair Oil
- Gorgeous Girl Face Oil
- Gorgeous Girl Face Balanced Beauty
- Gorgeous Girl Hair Repair Oil
- ManOil8 Face Oil
Some words demystified
Please note that the information below is based on my research. If you believe that any details are incorrect please let me know and I will either delete or amend accordingly.
- Oleic acid is a fatty acid that occurs naturally in various animal and vegetable fats and oils. In chemical terms, oleic acid is classified as a monounsaturatedomega-9 fatty acid. It has potent antioxidant compounds that help slow down aging and prevent premature wrinkles and fine lines. It contains compounds that strengthen the integrity of cell membranes and fosters the repair of damaged cells in conditions such as eczema, rosacea and psoriasis. It can also work wonders for your hair. Many oils rich in oleic acid are popularly used to stimulate hair growth and make hair thicker, longer and stronger. One of the leading causes of hair fall is poor scalp health and dandruff. Oleic acid can help moisturize the scalp, repair damaged follicles and treat dandruff to support hair growth.
- Linoleic acid, a carboxylic acid, is a polyunsaturatedomega-6 fatty acid. This powerhouse ingredient comes with a laundry list of benefits, but in skin care it may be best known for its ability to heal, hydrate and plump.
- Plant sterols or Phytosterols – naturally occurring, cholesterol-like molecule found in all plant foods. Overall, nuts, seeds, and legumes are excellent sources of phytosterols, both for the body and for skin (can help replenish and restore skin).
- Squalene is a natural 30-carbon organic compound originally obtained for commercial purposes primarily from shark liver oil (hence its name, as Squalus is a genus of sharks), although plant sources are now used as well. It’s used in skincare products as a highly-effective emollient and natural antioxidant. Historically, it’s been used in the medical field to treat wounds and skin problems.
Just a reminder that I’m running a ‘GIVEAWAY’where you can win some free products. It closes at 5pm (Brisbane time) on 22 February 2018. To enter is very simple and easy so if you haven’t entered already, you know the saying – you’ve got to be in it to win it!
For Skin Care Saturday next week, we will be looking at another Gorgeous Woman product. Last Saturday I introduced Gorgeous Woman Face Oil, the first and original WomanOil8 Australia product.
Ciao for now,
Gorgeous Woman Area Distributor
Min’s Online Shop